Sunday, April 24, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

 So, with Mother's Day coming up I wanted to do something special for my mother in law and I decided that I was going to create an art piece. I wanted a giant white canvas board, pictures of her four children as well as family in general and I wanted to Spell of LOVE with 2 hearts on the side. Each letter would be only devoted to one child and then the 2 hearts on either side of LOVE have pictures of the family together.


 Starting out, with the giant white canvas board and working out the positioning and sizing of letters. Which lend to me having to rethink my idea. To make everything fit with my original idea the letters would be smaller and then I wouldn't be able to fit as many photos of each the kids as I may have liked. So, I decided to make the letter bigger and make little hearts of the family photos around the letters.


 Even with the BIGGER letters I wasn't able to fit ALL the photos I had printed out, so I selected the pictures of everyone through the ages and the ones that fir their personality the best. 

 So I REALLY loved the board this way and normally I would have probably just kept it like that. However, it was VERY important that I involve photos of the siblings together,and all that jazz.

The Final Product = )





No comments:

Post a Comment